RP-ALARA Association Vision and Principles
RP-ALARA Association Vision:
The RP-ALARA Association is committed to continual improvement in radiation protection standards and performance at our utilities.
RP-ALARA Association Principles:
- The reduction of radiation dose to the workers of our plants, both utility employees and contractor personnel is a key measure of our success as a Association.
- The free exchange of pertinent information, data and lessons learned will be pursued in a constructive dialogue and atmosphere of mutual respect.
- The RP-ALARA Association strives to provide a high quality product in the most cost effective manner.
- The Association will develop and implement an integrated and consistent information exchange process by which issues are effectively identified, prioritized, analyzed, and communicated in a timely manner.
- The RP-ALARA Association supports effective outage work planning develops information exchange and communicates lessons learned in support of short-term (outage to outage) dose reduction.
- The Association strives to identify, evaluate and endorse recommendations for long-term source reduction design change activities such as cobalt reduction recognizing this as one of the most effective dose management techniques.
- The RP-ALARA Association continually evaluates industry products and services with exposure impacts and shares experiences: e.g., shutdown chemistry, operating chemistry, chemical decon, zinc injections, micro filtration, and mechanical decon equipment to effectively manage our individual utility resources.